Friday, September 6, 2019

Hurrication Dorian: Tallahassee Style

Having grown up in Tallahassee, Florida, I have learned how to properly prepare for hurricanes. My roommate, Ella, and I are both from the same town in Florida, so she and I made the decision to pack our things and head back home. We brought our friends Jake, from New Jersey, and Taylor, from Spartanburg, South Carolina, home with us so they could experience Tallahassee. We made a long road trip out of it; we stopped at railroad tracks, abandoned parks, plow fields, every food place we could find, abandoned gas stations to play with the stray dogs, etc. Jake is a very talented videographer, so we have been making a movie/vlog the whole trip. We took them to an abandoned warehouse to go skeet shooting, Millers Landing to watch the sunset over the lake, the Downtown Getdown, and hopefully many more places. Tomorrow we are taking them on a boat on Lake Talquin, and then to a Florida State football game. We plan on driving back up to Charleston early Sunday morning so we have the day to recuperate and get settled back into our routines. While back home, I got to see my best friends and hang out with them for a while. I also visited my old high school and saw my favorite teachers. My dad and I also coach a nine year old girls travel soccer team together, so I surprised them and showed up to practice, which was probably the highlight of my trip. Even though some people called us crazy for driving directly into the storm to go home, it was worth it to see everyone I’ve been missing.

The sunset at Millers Landing on Lake Jackson. 
Me and my mini-me at soccer practice.


Me and some of my girls after I surprised them at soccer. 
A selfie of me and my friend, Jake, at the beginning of the car ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
My name is Eden Kirn and I am a freshman at the College of Charleston. I am from Tallahassee, Florida. I am planning on studying Special Education to either be a Special Education teacher or a physical therapist for people with disabilities. This blog is about my experience learning about the cemeteries throughout Charleston.