Monday, October 7, 2019

My Ancestry

My ancestors that I will do a blog post about are my moms grandparents, Tillie Besen Ostrie and her husband, Joseph Abraham Ostrie. Tillie was my great-grandmother. She was buried in a grave with a single marble stone flush with grass. The headstone reads, "Beloved Wife, Mother and Grandmother. 10/20/1911-7/13/1994". She is buried next to her husband, Joseph Abraham Ostrie, who is my great-grandfather. Joseph was buried in a single marble stone laying flat and flush with the grass. The headstone reads, "Beloved Husband, Father and Grandfather 12/24/1908 - 6/1/1975". Each stone had a Jewish star engraved in the top center of the marble, since both were Jewish. Both are buried at Riverside Gordon Memorial Chapels at Mount Nebo in Kendall, Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
My name is Eden Kirn and I am a freshman at the College of Charleston. I am from Tallahassee, Florida. I am planning on studying Special Education to either be a Special Education teacher or a physical therapist for people with disabilities. This blog is about my experience learning about the cemeteries throughout Charleston.